Running an auto repair shop is not cheap, there are so many overheads to take into consideration, that at times you are barely making a profit. There are several things you can do to reduce operating cost, and one of them is to implement auto repair software, here are 8 ways it can bring your costs down.
- Improve productivity: Streamlining and automating processes can improve productivity in several ways. One of the benefits of auto repair software is that it streamlines business processes making the work environment a lot more organized. When the work place is more organized, productivity improves, when your employees are working harder, you are automatically going to make more money.
- Inventory control: Products that stay on the shelves and never get sold are a waste of money. A good software program will ensure that this does not happen by only ordering the products that you use.
- Vehicle repair history: Searching for manual records is a tedious and time-consuming process. When vehicle repair history is stored electronically, not only is it easier and faster to access, but it also allows you to filter and sort through repairs, as well as recognize previous repairs.
- Integration: Integrating with other systems such as accounting, labor guides and parts suppliers results in increased productivity and improved accuracy.
- Analysis reporting: Management decisions such as profits, costs, and sales are better supported when they are provided through a structured database.
- Recommended service accessibility: When information is stored electronically, it is easier to make recommendations for the purpose of driving customer relationship management. It also provides support for point of sale when appointments are scheduled, or vehicles are brought in for repairs or service. This will then lead to increased sales volumes and enhanced overhead absorption.
- Quote accuracy: Producing accurate quotes is essential for the reputation of your business. Mistakes are easily made when producing quotes manually.
- Measuring technician efficiency: What you don’t need is employees who do the bare minimum and expect to get their full wages at the end of the month. A good auto repair software will allow you to measure the efficiency of your staff so that they can make improvements if necessary.
Before you invest in an auto repair software, it is essential that you do your research. Not all systems are going to benefit your organization. You should start by making a record of what areas need improvement in your auto repair shop. Once you know what you need, it will be easier to know what to look for. The easiest way to find out what software will work for you is if you go for one that offers a free trial. Tekmetric is offering a free trial until the end of 2018. There is no contract to sign, there are no hidden costs, and there is no cancellation fee if you decide that the system is not what you need at the end of the year.