Much has been written about the increasing importance of omnichannel marketing. The most successful brands have crafted an experience that seamlessly follows the customer as they move from one channel to the next throughout the customer journey. I’ve come to appreciate these omnichannel strategies not just as a marketer, but as a consumer who benefits from the convenience they create.
At Related Digital, we frequently help our clients develop these omnichannel acquisition strategies. A few of the core components we start with include:
- Data – Ensuring you’re talking to the same person across disparate channels has a direct impact on the relevance and usefulness of your message.
- Creative – Presenting a confident, consistent look and feel across channels creates a natural progression of engagement.
- Timing –Timely follow-up with the consumer across channels keeps your brand present and top-of-mind throughout the consideration and purchase process.
- Measurement and Attribution – Considering how fluidly consumers are moving between channels, clarity around which channel should ultimately get credit for driving the conversion leads to more effective budgeting and prioritization of efforts.
In addition to helping our clients sort out these big questions, we have a variety of specific offerings that help align direct mail with other channels as part of an omnichannel strategy, including:
- Pixel-to-Postal Trigger Mail: Reach website visitors (and abandoners) with a targeted direct mail piece within a matter of days with content relevant to the pages they visited, or actions they took on your site.
- Email-Listening Trigger Mail: Powerful database matching technologies send a triggered direct mail piece leveraging email activity from across the web, based on URL wording within email links.
- Direct Mail + Digital Overlay: Proprietary solutions trigger social and display ads to the same audience that’s receiving your direct mail, within a very specific timeframe to align with the actual (not estimated) direct mail in-home delivery